Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Bloc Party - The Once And Future King - Track Review

Bloc Party

The Once And Future King (Target Exclusive)

Score: 2/5

Oh, Bloc Party, how this review pains me so!

Being a huge Bloc Party fan makes me a little biased, in that I believe that everything Bloc Party puts out is absolute gold! But in this case, not even my wide eyed idealism of a pure and true Bloc Party can shield me against this absolute mound of excrement.

For A Weekend In The City, Bloc Party recorded a bunch of B-sides and store exclusive tracks, wait, what? Store exclusive? Like, songs for stores? Almost, these are songs that you could only get at certain stores, or some shit, you know what? To be honest, I don’t even fucking know what it means! But The Once And Future King is a “Target Exclusive” and, my friends, let me be the first to warn you, it is just, words can’t even describe what they have done here, the Bloc Party of yore is dead, the Bloc Party that makes exclusive tracks for department stores is in!

The ferocious drumming and the precision guitar work is still there (kinda), but what’s missing is Kele Okerekes voice. He is still singing, but this time he croons lackadaisically about who the fuck knows, maybe about how much Target is paying him for this shit? (upon further review, he is singing about a king cut down in his prime and then he vows to make a triumphant return) It really doesn’t matter what he’s singing about, the fact is that this song lacks the zest that the other songs are filled to bursting with. And I guess that’s what Target is all about. Cheap shit.

The Once And Future King

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey mother fucker your last review was 2 weeks ago. WTF. Don’t you know people depend on your reviews to live?

Anonymous said...

listen, i got other shit to do.
be patient and my reviews will come.
like a lover you have not seen in months, you will take it into your arms and do unspeakable things with it all through the night.