Friday, March 2, 2007

Silvershit Pickups- Lazy Eye - Track Review

The Silversun Pickups

Lazy Eye

Score: 1.3/5

I hate this song.


I don’t even know if the lead singer is actually saying words in this song, it sounds like gibberish and he sounds a bit like a baby.

However, in defiance of my ears, my mind actually kind of likes it, the arrangement of the song is pretty well done, in that the cadence of the ups and downs is familiar and warm, the vocals are soft as fontanel. Which makes it that much more hilarious when he starts to scream a bit in the middle of the song, and brother, believe me when I tell you that this “gruff” yelling is hilarious, he fails on every level to be xtuffXcorex.

God, how I loathe it, but I still find myself tapping my foot, my head slowly moving to and fro, my soul turning in on itself, my spirit begging to leave its immaculate vessel.

Oh, and I saw these guys on Letterman or Leno or O’Brien, whatever, anyways, their stage presence is dreadful! The lead singer has less charisma and stage presence than the lead singer of Keane! If you can fucking believe it. Apart from Lazy Eye, which is (arguably) their only song kind of semi worth lowering yourself for, I would advise you never torture yourself by listening to another song. Oh, and just in case anyone says “Give them a chance! They could be good or something!”

I do have one positive thing to say, the bassist (maybe) is pretty cute and she might look like Maggie Gyllenhaal (who is cute…well, sometimes, have you ever noticed that?)

I’m not even going to link to it.

No comments: