Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Beirut LIVE! at The Holocene.


Beirut

Live at The Holocene

Score: infinity.


As the title suggests, this is the wonderfully delicious, Beirut, oh, and they are fucking LIVE. I have said on many occasions that I would trade a significant body part for the utter delight of seeing Beirut live, hearing those tamborine jangles dancing around the room and into my ears, to see Zach Condon blow heavily into his trumpet, just to fucking live it.

The performance takes place in Portland Oregon, at The Holocene sometime in 2006, and it is incredible. I won't review it, but the recording is almost flawless and the acoustics are wondrous. The banter is where it really excels, pieces of the performance are solely dedicated to it. For die hard Beirut fans like myself, there is another treat, there are some new songs, like "Closing Song" and "Transatlantic" there are also some covers (I think, since I heard the same songs in "Borat") the covers are "Ederlezi" "Siki Siki Baba" and "Brazil"

Just enjoy it, love it, penetrate it in ways you have only seen in erotic cinema, etc.

Beirut Live at The Holocene

No comments: