Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Decemberists Live.




















The Decemberists


Live From SoHo (iTunes Exclusive)/Live At The Zoo

Score: Bitchin'

I've been sick for the last couple days, so besides contemplating getting drunk off of robitussin, which, by the way, is SUPER fucking dangerous, you can even die! how scary is that shit? anyway, between that I've downloading episodes of Full Metal Alchemist in Japanese with English subs (Japanese is really cool!) Now that you know my nerdity is not some grim facade, I really do suck this much! We may begin our dark work.

You may very well know my stance on "exclusives" that stance being that they are the absolute fucking devil. "Exclusives" are things that can only be acquired at certain places at certain times. I don't like feeling shackled by these limitations, I'd like it if i could grab exclusives anywhere, anyfuckingtime, but then it wouldn't be exclusive, right? My qualms with "exclusives" aside, this will be enjoyable for anyone who has seen the Decemberists live (i have!) and want to relive something like it, or just the Decemberists completist. The Live From SoHo was recorded in a Mac store, because as you know, Mac stores have the (arguably) best acoustics. I decided to include TWO (2) live recordings, the Live From SoHo is only 128 so it's a little on the soft side, but the Live at The Zoo recording is 192 which is much better.

Fun Fact: Although they have never answered this question in any interview I have read (many). I believe that the Decemberists got their name from the word Decembrist. A Decembrist is one who took part in the unsuccessful uprising against the Russian Emperor Nicholas I in December of 1825. Did I just blow your mind?

Live At SoHo

Live At The Zoo

don't wanna die sippin' on syrup.