Friday, April 27, 2007

The Shins Live!


The Shins

Live iTunes Exclusive

Score: Subpar!


I’m not a big fan of The Shins. This might come as a startling surprise to most of you. Because how can you like indie rock and not like The Shins? It’s like blasphemy except worse! Listen, I have no problem with The Shins, it’s just that I don’t enjoy them as much as everyone else does, I also have the same sort of relationship with Feist (and as a Canadian, I receive double the flack) But just because Zach Braff pimped it in Garden State doesn’t make them a great band, they are a good band. Some of their songs are really good, some subpar. I’m sorry if you didn’t want to hear this from your savior.

Ps. that drowning kid totally makes this post.


The Shins Live

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you even listened to Let It Die or Chutes Too Narrow? Wait, I already know the answer and it's obviously a 'no.' With said albums both being 4.5/5's, your comments seem pretty ignorant. You're lucky your essay on dancing was entertaining otherwise I would be tempted to tear you a new one...

Anonymous said...

I've listened to both. How could I pass judgement on a band without listening to them first?! Your comment seems/is ignorant. I don't need your bullshit suppositions! How about you don't be a DICK? Maybe you love Feist and The Shins, maybe you love nothing MORE, maybe you have made some sort of covenant with the Dark Lord stating that whenever someone has an opinion about Feist or The Shins that is unfavorable you must once again don your obsidian armor and ride onto the battlefield on an undead horse, millions of war drums beating behind you. Or maybe you should shut up and leave the blogging to me. Thanks about the dancing essay, though. That means alot.